Founded in 2008, Capitol Hill Aikikai is located in the Capitol Hill
district of Washington, D.C. Our dojo is dedicated to the teaching and
development of aikido, a Japanese martial art. Capitol Hill Aikikai is affiliated with the United States Aikido Federation (USAF).
Capitol Hill Aikikai is a not-for-profit organization, incorporated in Washington, D.C.
Practice Location and Times
We are located at the Parish of St. Monica & St. James, 222 8th Street, NE, Washington, D.C [map].
Please Note: It is recommended to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the class start time.
- Mondays from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursdays from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. and then 8:05 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- You may attend one or both classes on Thursday.
- Weapons classes are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month during the 2nd (8:05 p.m.) class.
How to Start
Practice is open to everyone; simply show up! Dues are $50 per month. We do not require a long term commitment or contract.
If you already have a dogi (a martial arts uniform), bring it along; we
have a changing area available. Otherwise, dress in comfortable
loose-fitting workout clothes, such as a t-shirt and sweatpants.
If you are interested in learning more about aikido and our dojo, check out the rest of this site, call (202) 509-1632, simply stop by and join us!
-- Michael Martin Sensei, 5th dan