Please Note: We will not have class this Thursday, November 27.
Founded in 2008, Capitol Hill Aikikai is located in the Capitol Hill
district of Washington, D.C. Our dojo is dedicated to the teaching and
development of aikido, a Japanese martial art. Capitol Hill Aikikai is affiliated with the United States Aikido Federation (USAF).
Capitol Hill Aikikai is a not-for-profit organization, incorporated in Washington, D.C.
Practice Location and Times
We are located at the Parish of St. Monica & St. James, 222 8th Street, NE, Washington, D.C [map].
Please Note: It is recommended to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the class start time.
- Mondays from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursdays from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. and then 8:05 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- You may attend one or both classes on Thursday.
- Weapons classes are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month during the 2nd (8:05 p.m.) class.
How to Start
Practice is open to everyone; simply show up! Dues are $50 per month. We do not require a long term commitment or contract.
If you already have a dogi (a martial arts uniform), bring it along; we
have a changing area available. Otherwise, dress in comfortable
loose-fitting workout clothes, such as a t-shirt and sweatpants.
If you are interested in learning more about aikido and our dojo, check out the rest of this site, call (202) 509-1632, simply stop by and join us!
-- Michael Martin Sensei, 4th dan